Developing and maturing translational research projects with a focus on the Center for Commercial Applications of Healthcare Data and Pediatric Innovation programs
MS Student in the Medical Product Engineering Track
Department of Bioengineering
University of Pittsburgh Swanson School of Engineering
Aimed at holistic view of medical product development by engaging students with marketing, regulatory, product development and product management skills in healthcare industry through cross functional team projects
Education and Experience
Highly motivated and driven, Vaishali Shetty is a graduate student in the Bioengineering Department at University of Pittsburgh. Her lab experience in India sparked her interest in translational research and pushed her to enroll into the Medical Product Engineering program at Pitt. Through Blast Furnace program at Innovation Institute, she first got the opportunity to pitch her start up idea to a panel of VIPs from Pittsburgh’s local startup scene, and has constantly been involved in translating clinical research by working at Coulter Translational Research Program. She is also well versed with Lean Six Sigma principles and implementation science for perfecting patient care due to her fellowship at Jewish Healthcare Foundation.
MS, Bioengineering (Medical Product Engineering), University of Pittsburgh, expected 2018
BE, Telecommunications Engineering, PES University, India, 2017
Project Assistant at Indian Institute of Science
Modeled and fabricated mouse implant drive components
Established vendor relationship for 3D printing
Assisted the principal investigator with preclinical validation studies
Commercial Translation Experience
Received second place among 11 teams in the Innovation Institute’s First Gear program for designing the commercial translation roadmap for a post-operative care device for patients who underwent foot fat grafting in collaboration with Drs. Jeff and Beth Gusenoff.
Received first place among 20 teams in the Pitt Startup Blitz competition by developing a business model for a wearable that promotes good posture among individuals with Parkinson’s disease.
Constructed commercialization plans for projects in life sciences and medical devices through intellectual property landscape analyses, market research, strategic partner identification, competitive, regulatory and reimbursement analyses; and developed investor pitches to aid 8 teams competing for Pitt’s Coulter Translational Research Program funding.
Below are the three areas you need to edit in order to place a new staff profile on the homepage, in the staff profile landing page, and the full staff bio page. These instructions are hidden and will not show up on the public profile page. You can, however, delete this box when you no longer need these instructions.
I - Create a new Staff Profile page
1. Go to Posts and click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name and degrees in the “Enter Title Here” field
3. Scroll down to the Muffin Builder section
4. Click on "Templates"
5. Select: "New Staff Profile Template"
6. Select: "REPLACE current builder content"
7. Click: "Use Template"
8. Update content within each Item accordingly. Anything within (parenthesizes) should be updated.
9. Scroll to the LAYOUT section and choose the following options to maintain the appearance of the page and navigation:
a. Switch "Hide The Content" button to ON
b. For Layout, choose "Right Sidebar"
c. For Sidebar, select "Meet Our Translators"
10. Under Categories, choose the appropriate staff role.
11. Click Publish when finished.
II - Add new Offer to appear on "Meet the Team" on homepage
1. Under "Offer", click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name in the “Enter Title Here” field.
3. Copy/paste the content from the Body Copy area of another offer into this offer and update accordingly. This will guarantee you get the same look and feel.
4. Choose the appropriate category based on job title.
5. Add the person’s headshot under “Featured Image” and make sure the background is transparent (.png)
6. Update the Post Attribute Order field to keep with the alphabetical order. You will need to view the list of offers to determine the appropriate Order attribute to assign. You will then need to update all the subsequent offers so they continue with the appropriate order.
7. Hit Publish.
III - Add new profile to Meet the Team landing page
This content will need to be added manually and does not pull from other areas on the site, like the homepage or staff profile pages. You'll need to copy/paste the following code into the appropriate area and update it with the new staff member's information.
Stage location: http://stage.scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/
Production location: http://scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/