Supports initiatives of the Center for Commercial Application of Healthcare Data (CCA) through the commercial translation process
Department of Ophthalmology
University of Pittsburgh
Education and Experience
Susannah is currently completing a Ph.D. in Cellular and Molecular Pathology in the University of Pittsburgh’s Department of Ophthalmology. They focus on research aimed at understanding, preventing, and treating a leading cause of irreversible blindness worldwide, glaucoma, with emphasis on the role of microvascular dysfunction in its pathophysiology.
Susannah attended Ohio Wesleyan University where she earned a Bachelor’s degree in Botany while collaborating in plant gravitropism research to optimize experiments investigating plant gravity perception for execution on the International Space Station. After graduation, Susannah spent three years working at the University of Pittsburgh in the Department of Ophthalmology where she helped develop novel model systems and techniques for scalable and translational glaucoma research.
PhD Cellular and Molecular Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, started July 2019
BS, Botany, Ohio Wesleyan University, 2016
PhD Student Researcher, Cellular and Molecular Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Supervisor: Ian Sigal, PhD
Investiagting Microvascular Dysfunction in Glaucoma
Laboratory Technician, UPMC Eye and Ear Institute, University of Pittsburgh Supervisor: Nils Loewen MD, PhD
Engineering the Aqueous Humor Outflow Tract
Senior Research Assistant, Department of Botany and Microbiology, Ohio Wesleyan University Supervisor: Chris Wolverton, PhD
Characterizing Plant Gravity Perception Systems
Characterizing Plant Physiology of Knockout Mutants
Commercial Translation Experience
Fourth River Solutions
Gained experience in techniques necessary for commercialization of life sciences companies, such as competitor analysis, market research, and communication of value propositions, to facilitate exchange between academia and industry
Below are the three areas you need to edit in order to place a new staff profile on the homepage, in the staff profile landing page, and the full staff bio page. These instructions are hidden and will not show up on the public profile page. You can, however, delete this box when you no longer need these instructions.
I - Create a new Staff Profile page
1. Go to Posts and click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name and degrees in the “Enter Title Here” field
3. Scroll down to the Muffin Builder section
4. Click on "Templates"
5. Select: "New Staff Profile Template"
6. Select: "REPLACE current builder content"
7. Click: "Use Template"
8. Update content within each Item accordingly. Anything within (parenthesizes) should be updated.
9. Scroll to the LAYOUT section and choose the following options to maintain the appearance of the page and navigation:
a. Switch "Hide The Content" button to ON
b. For Layout, choose "Right Sidebar"
c. For Sidebar, select "Meet Our Translators"
10. Under Categories, choose the appropriate staff role.
11. Click Publish when finished.
II - Add new Offer to appear on "Meet the Team" on homepage
1. Under "Offer", click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name in the “Enter Title Here” field.
3. Copy/paste the content from the Body Copy area of another offer into this offer and update accordingly. This will guarantee you get the same look and feel.
4. Choose the appropriate category based on job title.
5. Add the person’s headshot under “Featured Image” and make sure the background is transparent (.png)
6. Update the Post Attribute Order field to keep with the alphabetical order. You will need to view the list of offers to determine the appropriate Order attribute to assign. You will then need to update all the subsequent offers so they continue with the appropriate order.
7. Hit Publish.
III - Add new profile to Meet the Team landing page
This content will need to be added manually and does not pull from other areas on the site, like the homepage or staff profile pages. You'll need to copy/paste the following code into the appropriate area and update it with the new staff member's information.
Stage location: http://stage.scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/
Production location: http://scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/