Identifies early-stage commercial translation opportunities in Pediatric Health and optimizes commercial translation opportunities at Children’s Hospital Pittsburgh (CHP).
Swanson School of Engineering
University of Pittsburgh
Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Bioengineering
Education and Experience
Srujan is a senior bioengineering student interested in human-centered design, medicine, and inter-professionalism. He is currently working in the laboratory of Dr. Bryan Brown in the McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine (MIRM). His research involves the characterization and development of an ovarian-tissue derived hydrogel as an alternative biomaterial for fertility preservation in women. Srujan has a background in design-engineering and has addressed projects addressing a variety of topics both within and outside of bioengineering. Serving as the Vice-Chairman of the Coalition of Pre-Health Students (CPHS), Srujan also works to promote the concept of inter-professionalism in healthcare and initiate discussion between students/professionals in a variety of healthcare disciplines.
B.S., Bioengineering, University of Pittsburgh, Expected: Spring 2020
Undergraduate Researcher, McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Supervisor: Dr. Bryan Brown
Working to characterize and develop an ovarian-tissue derived hydrogel as an alternative biomaterial for fertility preservation
Summer Undergraduate Researcher, Singapore Institute for Neurotechnology (SINAPSE) Supervisor: Dr. Nitish Thakor
Evaluated the biocompatibility of a novel nanoparticle used in mesenchymal stem cell therapies treating acute ischemic stroke.
Commercial Translation Experience
Kids Can: Adaptive Learning Tool
Developed an adaptable learning tool for children with severe mental/physical disabilities which helps advance basic physical tasks and promote a future of independent living.
Worked with the Western Pennsylvania School for the Blind for problem discovery and prototype development
Portable Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Device
Worked on design of a portable device for TMS treatment.
Developed a self-calibration system to detect muscle contraction and set a personalized threshold for a TMS device.
Worked with Western Psychiatric Institute for problem discovery and prototype development.
Below are the three areas you need to edit in order to place a new staff profile on the homepage, in the staff profile landing page, and the full staff bio page. These instructions are hidden and will not show up on the public profile page. You can, however, delete this box when you no longer need these instructions.
I - Create a new Staff Profile page
1. Go to Posts and click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name and degrees in the “Enter Title Here” field
3. Scroll down to the Muffin Builder section
4. Click on "Templates"
5. Select: "New Staff Profile Template"
6. Select: "REPLACE current builder content"
7. Click: "Use Template"
8. Update content within each Item accordingly. Anything within (parenthesizes) should be updated.
9. Scroll to the LAYOUT section and choose the following options to maintain the appearance of the page and navigation:
a. Switch "Hide The Content" button to ON
b. For Layout, choose "Right Sidebar"
c. For Sidebar, select "Meet Our Translators"
10. Under Categories, choose the appropriate staff role.
11. Click Publish when finished.
II - Add new Offer to appear on "Meet the Team" on homepage
1. Under "Offer", click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name in the “Enter Title Here” field.
3. Copy/paste the content from the Body Copy area of another offer into this offer and update accordingly. This will guarantee you get the same look and feel.
4. Choose the appropriate category based on job title.
5. Add the person’s headshot under “Featured Image” and make sure the background is transparent (.png)
6. Update the Post Attribute Order field to keep with the alphabetical order. You will need to view the list of offers to determine the appropriate Order attribute to assign. You will then need to update all the subsequent offers so they continue with the appropriate order.
7. Hit Publish.
III - Add new profile to Meet the Team landing page
This content will need to be added manually and does not pull from other areas on the site, like the homepage or staff profile pages. You'll need to copy/paste the following code into the appropriate area and update it with the new staff member's information.
Stage location: http://stage.scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/
Production location: http://scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/