Develops economic value propositions of commercial translation projects and investigates economic impact of innovations within digital health
Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Pittsburgh
Education and Experience
Sophie is a rising senior at the University of Pittsburgh majoring in biology and economics. Her interests in both science and economics drove her to become involved with sciVelo. She looks forward to investigating the economic impacts and drivers of commercial translation projects in the healthcare field. Through her experience, she aims to focus on value propositions of early-stage projects and investigate how digital health companies are successful in the marketplace.
BS, Biology and Economics, University of Pittsburgh, Expected 2020
Undergraduate Experience, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
Supervisor: Alexandre Vieira, DDS, MS, PhD, Professor of Oral Biology
Involved in sample collection and data entry on Dental Registry and DNA Repository project, linking clinical and genetic data for educational and research purposes.
Below are the three areas you need to edit in order to place a new staff profile on the homepage, in the staff profile landing page, and the full staff bio page. These instructions are hidden and will not show up on the public profile page. You can, however, delete this box when you no longer need these instructions.
I - Create a new Staff Profile page
1. Go to Posts and click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name and degrees in the “Enter Title Here” field
3. Scroll down to the Muffin Builder section
4. Click on "Templates"
5. Select: "New Staff Profile Template"
6. Select: "REPLACE current builder content"
7. Click: "Use Template"
8. Update content within each Item accordingly. Anything within (parenthesizes) should be updated.
9. Scroll to the LAYOUT section and choose the following options to maintain the appearance of the page and navigation:
a. Switch "Hide The Content" button to ON
b. For Layout, choose "Right Sidebar"
c. For Sidebar, select "Meet Our Translators"
10. Under Categories, choose the appropriate staff role.
11. Click Publish when finished.
II - Add new Offer to appear on "Meet the Team" on homepage
1. Under "Offer", click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name in the “Enter Title Here” field.
3. Copy/paste the content from the Body Copy area of another offer into this offer and update accordingly. This will guarantee you get the same look and feel.
4. Choose the appropriate category based on job title.
5. Add the person’s headshot under “Featured Image” and make sure the background is transparent (.png)
6. Update the Post Attribute Order field to keep with the alphabetical order. You will need to view the list of offers to determine the appropriate Order attribute to assign. You will then need to update all the subsequent offers so they continue with the appropriate order.
7. Hit Publish.
III - Add new profile to Meet the Team landing page
This content will need to be added manually and does not pull from other areas on the site, like the homepage or staff profile pages. You'll need to copy/paste the following code into the appropriate area and update it with the new staff member's information.
Stage location: http://stage.scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/
Production location: http://scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/