Develops commercialization roadmaps for projects submitted to the Michigan-Pitt-Wyss Regenerative Medicine Resource Center
Investigates the genetic etiology of normal-range facial variation and orofacial clefting
Education and Experience
Dr. Jasmien Roosenboom obtained her BSc in Biomedical Sciences at the KU Leuven, Belgium. Afterwards, she pursued a Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences, where she majored in biomedical management and communication, with a strong focus on commercialization. During her training, she learned skills such as writing press releases and investigating the IP landscape before submitting patent applications. In 2016, she obtained her PhD in biomedical sciences, investigating facial morphology associated with orofacial clefting. Currently, she is a third-year postdoctoral researcher at the University of Pittsburgh’s Center for Craniofacial and Dental Genetics, focusing mainly on genetics of normal-range facial variation. She also serves as the president of the University of Pittsburgh Postdoctoral Association (UPPDA), and was previously the international chair of the UPPDA board. Her main goal in this position was to give new postdocs a platform for their questions and to offer them an opportunity to network.
BSc, Biomedical Sciences, KU Leuven, Belgium, 2010
MSc, Biomedical Sciences, KU Leuven, Belgium, 2012
Post-graduate degree, Human Genetics, KU Leuven, Belgium, 2015
PhD, Biomedical Sciences, KU Leuven, Belgium, 2016
Co-authored 15 peer-reviewed journal articles
PhD Dissertation: "Facial morphology associated with orofacial clefting"
Genetics of normal-range facial morphology
Subclinical phenotypes associated with orofacial clefting
Commercial Translation Experience
During her Master’s education, she worked on several (student) projects investigating the IP landscape for different projects. Completing her PhD in an engineering-focused environment, she was exposed to cutting-edge science that later was translated in several patent applications and spin-offs. She is currently working on constructing a commercialization roadmap for projects submitted at the Michigan-Pitt-Wyss Regenerative Medicine Resource Center.
Below are the three areas you need to edit in order to place a new staff profile on the homepage, in the staff profile landing page, and the full staff bio page. These instructions are hidden and will not show up on the public profile page. You can, however, delete this box when you no longer need these instructions.
I - Create a new Staff Profile page
1. Go to Posts and click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name and degrees in the “Enter Title Here” field
3. Scroll down to the Muffin Builder section
4. Click on "Templates"
5. Select: "New Staff Profile Template"
6. Select: "REPLACE current builder content"
7. Click: "Use Template"
8. Update content within each Item accordingly. Anything within (parenthesizes) should be updated.
9. Scroll to the LAYOUT section and choose the following options to maintain the appearance of the page and navigation:
a. Switch "Hide The Content" button to ON
b. For Layout, choose "Right Sidebar"
c. For Sidebar, select "Meet Our Translators"
10. Under Categories, choose the appropriate staff role.
11. Click Publish when finished.
II - Add new Offer to appear on "Meet the Team" on homepage
1. Under "Offer", click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name in the “Enter Title Here” field.
3. Copy/paste the content from the Body Copy area of another offer into this offer and update accordingly. This will guarantee you get the same look and feel.
4. Choose the appropriate category based on job title.
5. Add the person’s headshot under “Featured Image” and make sure the background is transparent (.png)
6. Update the Post Attribute Order field to keep with the alphabetical order. You will need to view the list of offers to determine the appropriate Order attribute to assign. You will then need to update all the subsequent offers so they continue with the appropriate order.
7. Hit Publish.
III - Add new profile to Meet the Team landing page
This content will need to be added manually and does not pull from other areas on the site, like the homepage or staff profile pages. You'll need to copy/paste the following code into the appropriate area and update it with the new staff member's information.
Stage location: http://stage.scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/
Production location: http://scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/