Assists research teams seeking Clinical and Translational Science Institute funding in commercialization efforts through invention disclosure writing and funding application tracking
Department of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
College of Engineering
The Ohio State University
Education and Experience
Jamie is an undergraduate student at The Ohio State University majoring in Chemical Engineering with a biomolecular focus. He is also interested in programming and simulation. At the University of Pittsburgh, he worked in Dr. Stephen Little’s lab through an NSF-funded Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program, and aided in developing an in-clinic test kit for bladder cancer diagnosis. At Ohio State University, he works in Dr. Eduardo Reátegui’s lab, studying the effects of extracellular vesicles on angiogenesis and tumor proliferation. Currently, Jamie is supporting sciVelo’s translational research themes by assisting CTSI research teams with the commercialization process.
B.S., Chemical Engineering, The Ohio State University, Expected: Spring 2020
Research Assistant – The Ohio State University
Fabricating microfluidic devices and developing a method for quantification of angiogenic potential of endothelial cells within the tumor microenvironment.
Subculturing cancer and other cells to maintain unique cell lines.
Research Intern – University of Pittsburgh
Created prototype for an affordable, in-clinic test kit for bladder cancer diagnosis.
Successfully designed substrate using emulsion to detect presence of biomarker in human urine.
Tested prototype design on patient urine samples.
Below are the three areas you need to edit in order to place a new staff profile on the homepage, in the staff profile landing page, and the full staff bio page. These instructions are hidden and will not show up on the public profile page. You can, however, delete this box when you no longer need these instructions.
I - Create a new Staff Profile page
1. Go to Posts and click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name and degrees in the “Enter Title Here” field
3. Scroll down to the Muffin Builder section
4. Click on "Templates"
5. Select: "New Staff Profile Template"
6. Select: "REPLACE current builder content"
7. Click: "Use Template"
8. Update content within each Item accordingly. Anything within (parenthesizes) should be updated.
9. Scroll to the LAYOUT section and choose the following options to maintain the appearance of the page and navigation:
a. Switch "Hide The Content" button to ON
b. For Layout, choose "Right Sidebar"
c. For Sidebar, select "Meet Our Translators"
10. Under Categories, choose the appropriate staff role.
11. Click Publish when finished.
II - Add new Offer to appear on "Meet the Team" on homepage
1. Under "Offer", click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name in the “Enter Title Here” field.
3. Copy/paste the content from the Body Copy area of another offer into this offer and update accordingly. This will guarantee you get the same look and feel.
4. Choose the appropriate category based on job title.
5. Add the person’s headshot under “Featured Image” and make sure the background is transparent (.png)
6. Update the Post Attribute Order field to keep with the alphabetical order. You will need to view the list of offers to determine the appropriate Order attribute to assign. You will then need to update all the subsequent offers so they continue with the appropriate order.
7. Hit Publish.
III - Add new profile to Meet the Team landing page
This content will need to be added manually and does not pull from other areas on the site, like the homepage or staff profile pages. You'll need to copy/paste the following code into the appropriate area and update it with the new staff member's information.
Stage location: http://stage.scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/
Production location: http://scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/