Coordinates meetings and events between the sciVelo team and clients
Academic Health Science Research Fellow
Researches biodegradable conduits for peripheral nerve regeneration and pedal fat grafting for pedal fat pad atrophy and plantar fasciitis
Education and Experience
Gab DiBernardo earned her BS in biology from Union College in Schenectady New York. Shortly after graduating, she moved to Pittsburgh to join the Department of Plastic Surgery Adipose Stem Cell Center. There she developed a research interest in peripheral nerve repair. Gab now heads the Department of Defense funded peripheral nerve repair project investigating biodegradable conduits in combination with neurotrophic factors as an alternative to nerve autografting in a non-human primate model. She also works on a clinical trial for pedal fat grafting to the metatarsals, heel, and plantar fascia for patients with pedal fat pad atrophy and plantar fasciitis. Outside the lab, Gab enjoys playing piano, barre classes, traveling, and re-watching The Office.
BS, Biological Sciences, Union College
Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh
Peripheral nerve repair using biodegradable conduits in a non-human primate model
Pedal fat grafting for pedal fat pad atrophy and plantar fasciitis
Therapeutic solutions for adipose tissue retention after fat grafting
New Jersey Plastic Surgery, Montclair, NJ
Clinical research on non-invasive and minimally invasive aesthetic lasers and energy devices
Below are the three areas you need to edit in order to place a new staff profile on the homepage, in the staff profile landing page, and the full staff bio page. These instructions are hidden and will not show up on the public profile page. You can, however, delete this box when you no longer need these instructions.
I - Create a new Staff Profile page
1. Go to Posts and click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name and degrees in the “Enter Title Here” field
3. Scroll down to the Muffin Builder section
4. Click on "Templates"
5. Select: "New Staff Profile Template"
6. Select: "REPLACE current builder content"
7. Click: "Use Template"
8. Update content within each Item accordingly. Anything within (parenthesizes) should be updated.
9. Scroll to the LAYOUT section and choose the following options to maintain the appearance of the page and navigation:
a. Switch "Hide The Content" button to ON
b. For Layout, choose "Right Sidebar"
c. For Sidebar, select "Meet Our Translators"
10. Under Categories, choose the appropriate staff role.
11. Click Publish when finished.
II - Add new Offer to appear on "Meet the Team" on homepage
1. Under "Offer", click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name in the “Enter Title Here” field.
3. Copy/paste the content from the Body Copy area of another offer into this offer and update accordingly. This will guarantee you get the same look and feel.
4. Choose the appropriate category based on job title.
5. Add the person’s headshot under “Featured Image” and make sure the background is transparent (.png)
6. Update the Post Attribute Order field to keep with the alphabetical order. You will need to view the list of offers to determine the appropriate Order attribute to assign. You will then need to update all the subsequent offers so they continue with the appropriate order.
7. Hit Publish.
III - Add new profile to Meet the Team landing page
This content will need to be added manually and does not pull from other areas on the site, like the homepage or staff profile pages. You'll need to copy/paste the following code into the appropriate area and update it with the new staff member's information.
Stage location: http://stage.scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/
Production location: http://scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/