Works primarily in commercial translation critical path evaluation and strategy development for dental, oral and craniofacial projects.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Resident
Completing a six-year residency training program that focuses on the diagnosis and surgical management of pathology in the face, mouth, and jaws.
Education and Experience
Erik is a resident at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center earning his specialty certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Prior to residency, Erik received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. As part of his residency training program he is also earning his medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Erik joined the sciVelo team in 2017 to provide commercial translation support for the new Michigan-Pittsburgh-Wyss Regenerative Medicine Resource Center.
Specialty Certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, Expected 2020
MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2018
DDS, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, 2014
BA, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Biology & Psychology, 2009
Graduate Research University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Mentor: Dr. Massimo Costalonga
Measured the gain in bone volume in patients that underwent maxillary sinus lift procedures using data from cone-beam computed tomography scans.
Undergraduate ResearchDepartment of Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Mentor: Dr. Rick Cai
Developed and performed experiments relating to motion blindness and visual perception in human subjects.
Below are the three areas you need to edit in order to place a new staff profile on the homepage, in the staff profile landing page, and the full staff bio page. These instructions are hidden and will not show up on the public profile page. You can, however, delete this box when you no longer need these instructions.
I - Create a new Staff Profile page
1. Go to Posts and click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name and degrees in the “Enter Title Here” field
3. Scroll down to the Muffin Builder section
4. Click on "Templates"
5. Select: "New Staff Profile Template"
6. Select: "REPLACE current builder content"
7. Click: "Use Template"
8. Update content within each Item accordingly. Anything within (parenthesizes) should be updated.
9. Scroll to the LAYOUT section and choose the following options to maintain the appearance of the page and navigation:
a. Switch "Hide The Content" button to ON
b. For Layout, choose "Right Sidebar"
c. For Sidebar, select "Meet Our Translators"
10. Under Categories, choose the appropriate staff role.
11. Click Publish when finished.
II - Add new Offer to appear on "Meet the Team" on homepage
1. Under "Offer", click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name in the “Enter Title Here” field.
3. Copy/paste the content from the Body Copy area of another offer into this offer and update accordingly. This will guarantee you get the same look and feel.
4. Choose the appropriate category based on job title.
5. Add the person’s headshot under “Featured Image” and make sure the background is transparent (.png)
6. Update the Post Attribute Order field to keep with the alphabetical order. You will need to view the list of offers to determine the appropriate Order attribute to assign. You will then need to update all the subsequent offers so they continue with the appropriate order.
7. Hit Publish.
III - Add new profile to Meet the Team landing page
This content will need to be added manually and does not pull from other areas on the site, like the homepage or staff profile pages. You'll need to copy/paste the following code into the appropriate area and update it with the new staff member's information.
Stage location: http://stage.scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/
Production location: http://scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/