Supports sciVelo's overall marketing and communications activities.
Department of Bioengineering
University of Pittsburgh Swanson School of Engineering
Education and Experience
Elena is currently pursuing a master’s degree in Bioengineering at The University of Pittsburgh with a concentration in Medical Product Engineering. Through the Graduate Engineering Education Scholarship (GEES) Program, she is also a research associate intern at LeanMed. LeanMed is a start-up working to provide solar powererd oxygen generation devices to rural health clinics in underserved communities in lower and middle income nations.
For her undergraduate degree, Elena attended the University of Pittsburgh where she studied Biology with minors in Chemistry and Applied Fitness. She also has experience in clinical research at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. There she worked with the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology to analyze the effectiveness of the Diabetes Transition Clinic in bridging the gap in care for young adults with Type I diabetes as they enter adulthood.
MS, Bioengineering/Medical Product Engineering, The University of Pittsburgh, expected December 2021
BS, Biological Sciences, The University of Pittsburgh, 2020
Clinical Research Internship, UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology Supervisor: Ingrid Libman, MD, MPH, PhD
Worked with the Diabetes Transition Clinic to analyze the effectiveness of the interventional program in bridging the critical gap in care and education for patients with Type I diabetes as they enter adulthood.
Business Analyst Internship, Grant Street Group
Created interactive help modules to facilitate user navigation of the product websites. Specialized in the optimization of the pathway with an eye toward clarity and succinctness of communication.
Below are the three areas you need to edit in order to place a new staff profile on the homepage, in the staff profile landing page, and the full staff bio page. These instructions are hidden and will not show up on the public profile page. You can, however, delete this box when you no longer need these instructions.
I - Create a new Staff Profile page
1. Go to Posts and click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name and degrees in the “Enter Title Here” field
3. Scroll down to the Muffin Builder section
4. Click on "Templates"
5. Select: "New Staff Profile Template"
6. Select: "REPLACE current builder content"
7. Click: "Use Template"
8. Update content within each Item accordingly. Anything within (parenthesizes) should be updated.
9. Scroll to the LAYOUT section and choose the following options to maintain the appearance of the page and navigation:
a. Switch "Hide The Content" button to ON
b. For Layout, choose "Right Sidebar"
c. For Sidebar, select "Meet Our Translators"
10. Under Categories, choose the appropriate staff role.
11. Click Publish when finished.
II - Add new Offer to appear on "Meet the Team" on homepage
1. Under "Offer", click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name in the “Enter Title Here” field.
3. Copy/paste the content from the Body Copy area of another offer into this offer and update accordingly. This will guarantee you get the same look and feel.
4. Choose the appropriate category based on job title.
5. Add the person’s headshot under “Featured Image” and make sure the background is transparent (.png)
6. Update the Post Attribute Order field to keep with the alphabetical order. You will need to view the list of offers to determine the appropriate Order attribute to assign. You will then need to update all the subsequent offers so they continue with the appropriate order.
7. Hit Publish.
III - Add new profile to Meet the Team landing page
This content will need to be added manually and does not pull from other areas on the site, like the homepage or staff profile pages. You'll need to copy/paste the following code into the appropriate area and update it with the new staff member's information.
Stage location: http://stage.scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/
Production location: http://scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/