Develops and refines commercial translation roadmaps for projects for the Pittsburgh Health Data Alliance and the Center for Commercial Applications of Healthcare Data.
Clinical Content Analyst
Manages and develops medical content of clinical decision support software tools
Education and Experience
Amber is driven to utilize a strong technical toolbox, love of complex problem solving and a breadth of product development experience to drive change and improve healthcare. She is currently a Clinical Content Analyst at Via Oncology, an Elsevier Company. She builds relationships with key opinion leaders in academic and community medical centers across the country to drive evidence-based consensus on optimal standards of care for cancer patients and translates these verdicts into decision support software tools. She also collaborates closely with the product development team to create compelling analysis and visualizations for what users want from the web-based internal tool Pathbuildr.
Through her previous professional experiences, and with a Master in Biomedical Engineering, and two Bachelors in Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University, Amber has a strong background in developing medical devices and image analysis algorithms. While working as a contracted biomedical engineer at a consumer development firm, Nottingham Spirk, Amber participated in multiple phases of the rapid product development process: market research, ideation, prototyping, testing, design transfer planning, manufacturing, and quality assurance. During her Clinical Practicum Master’s Research, she independently wrote a preprocessing segmentation function that reduced the work to convert a series of CT image slices into a 3D rendered model down to a third of the original timeline.
Clinical Practicum Research, Department of Neurosurgery, Allegheny General Hospital
Independently wrote a preprocessing segmentation function that reduced the work to convert a series of CT image slices into a 3D rendered spine model down to a third of the original timeline
Commercial Translation Experience
Performs customer discovery and validation of new software tools
Participated in multiple phases of rapid product development process: market research, ideation, prototyping, testing, design transfer planning, manufacturing, and quality assurance
Managed product compliance with various government requirements and industry standards (UL, CE, IEC, ISO, FDA, etc.)
Below are the three areas you need to edit in order to place a new staff profile on the homepage, in the staff profile landing page, and the full staff bio page. These instructions are hidden and will not show up on the public profile page. You can, however, delete this box when you no longer need these instructions.
I - Create a new Staff Profile page
1. Go to Posts and click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name and degrees in the “Enter Title Here” field
3. Scroll down to the Muffin Builder section
4. Click on "Templates"
5. Select: "New Staff Profile Template"
6. Select: "REPLACE current builder content"
7. Click: "Use Template"
8. Update content within each Item accordingly. Anything within (parenthesizes) should be updated.
9. Scroll to the LAYOUT section and choose the following options to maintain the appearance of the page and navigation:
a. Switch "Hide The Content" button to ON
b. For Layout, choose "Right Sidebar"
c. For Sidebar, select "Meet Our Translators"
10. Under Categories, choose the appropriate staff role.
11. Click Publish when finished.
II - Add new Offer to appear on "Meet the Team" on homepage
1. Under "Offer", click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name in the “Enter Title Here” field.
3. Copy/paste the content from the Body Copy area of another offer into this offer and update accordingly. This will guarantee you get the same look and feel.
4. Choose the appropriate category based on job title.
5. Add the person’s headshot under “Featured Image” and make sure the background is transparent (.png)
6. Update the Post Attribute Order field to keep with the alphabetical order. You will need to view the list of offers to determine the appropriate Order attribute to assign. You will then need to update all the subsequent offers so they continue with the appropriate order.
7. Hit Publish.
III - Add new profile to Meet the Team landing page
This content will need to be added manually and does not pull from other areas on the site, like the homepage or staff profile pages. You'll need to copy/paste the following code into the appropriate area and update it with the new staff member's information.
Stage location: http://stage.scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/
Production location: http://scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/