Supports the Center for Commercial Applications of Healthcare Data (CCA) in the identification of digital health translational projects with commercial potential.
Department of Bioengineering
University of Pittsburgh Swanson School of Engineering
Education and Experience
Morgan is currently completing a Master’s degree in Bioengineering/Medical Product Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh. She attended Oakwood University where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics with a minor in Biology. During her undergraduate career, Morgan conducted research in a variety of labs, ranging from chemistry to physics research. Through this, she was able to conduct research focused on investigating nanofibers for effective drug delivery, as well as to conduct research on coding mathematical methods in the cardiovascular system. From her graduate program, she has completed several projects that focus on developing medical device concepts and prototypes for cardiovascular, respiratory, and gastrointestinal indications.
MS, Bioengineering/Medical Product Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, expected 2020
BS, Applied Mathematics, Oakwood University, 2019
Undegraduate Research, Department of Chemistry, Oakwood University Supervisor: Kenneth LaiHing, PhD
Investigated the use of antibiotic silver into nanofibers to contribute to a more effective drug delivery for burn patients.
Research Experience for Undergraduates, Department of Physics, University of Alabama at Birmingham Supervisor: Kannatassen Appavoo, PhD
Designed and performed experiments to analyze light interaction and optical properties of 2-D metallic and semiconducting nanoparticles.
Commercial Translation Experience
Courses at the University of Pittsburgh
Managing Medical Product Research and Development
Assisted in the development of a design concept that can efficiently remove polyps in order to reduce operating time and number of operations required
Medical Product Ideation
Collaborated with engineering team and clinicians to discover unmet clinical need: continuous pulse ox for pediatric tracheostomy patients
Medical Product Development
Developed Risk Analysis and FDA strategy for project concept of an implantable pediatric heart valve
Below are the three areas you need to edit in order to place a new staff profile on the homepage, in the staff profile landing page, and the full staff bio page. These instructions are hidden and will not show up on the public profile page. You can, however, delete this box when you no longer need these instructions.
I - Create a new Staff Profile page
1. Go to Posts and click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name and degrees in the “Enter Title Here” field
3. Scroll down to the Muffin Builder section
4. Click on "Templates"
5. Select: "New Staff Profile Template"
6. Select: "REPLACE current builder content"
7. Click: "Use Template"
8. Update content within each Item accordingly. Anything within (parenthesizes) should be updated.
9. Scroll to the LAYOUT section and choose the following options to maintain the appearance of the page and navigation:
a. Switch "Hide The Content" button to ON
b. For Layout, choose "Right Sidebar"
c. For Sidebar, select "Meet Our Translators"
10. Under Categories, choose the appropriate staff role.
11. Click Publish when finished.
II - Add new Offer to appear on "Meet the Team" on homepage
1. Under "Offer", click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name in the “Enter Title Here” field.
3. Copy/paste the content from the Body Copy area of another offer into this offer and update accordingly. This will guarantee you get the same look and feel.
4. Choose the appropriate category based on job title.
5. Add the person’s headshot under “Featured Image” and make sure the background is transparent (.png)
6. Update the Post Attribute Order field to keep with the alphabetical order. You will need to view the list of offers to determine the appropriate Order attribute to assign. You will then need to update all the subsequent offers so they continue with the appropriate order.
7. Hit Publish.
III - Add new profile to Meet the Team landing page
This content will need to be added manually and does not pull from other areas on the site, like the homepage or staff profile pages. You'll need to copy/paste the following code into the appropriate area and update it with the new staff member's information.
Stage location: http://stage.scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/
Production location: http://scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/