Assists project teams in sciVelo’s Digital Health theme through the commercial translation process
School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh
MD Candidate with a focus on the clinical correlations between environmental impacts and health
Education and Experience
Allie is currently an MD candidate at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Outside of her clinical training, she is engaged in research initiatives with the School of Public Health and local Pittsburgh NGOs that focus on the intersections of environmental justice and health. Prior to medical school, she worked as part of a 14-person implementation team installing the Epic Health Research Network at the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUB). She oversaw the Emergency Department, Labor and Delivery, Newborn Intensive Care Unit, Critical Care, Core Nursing, and Quality teams. In practice, this amounted to customizing content for over 10 unique groups of practitioners. Allie led a team of seven analysts and worked in coordination with medical staff to convert all the hospital's paper processes into a fully integrated digital system. Most notably, she spearheaded efforts to create the first Lebanese closed-loop barcoded medication administration system and worked with the Ministry of Health to ensure that all medical regulatory requirements were met.
MD, University of Pittsburgh, expected 2024
Post-Baccalaureate, Goucher College, 2020
BS, Foreign Service, Georgetown University, 2016
Commercial Translation Experience
Clinical Project Manager
Outside of specific-customer work, she performed validation of new software tools and machine learning clinical models
Georgetown Social Innovation and Public Service Fund (SIPS Fund)
For two years, Allie served as the Operations Director of Georgetown University's Social Innovation & Public Service (SIPS) Fund, a $1.5 million student-run endowment. Every year, the SIPS Fund disbursed $60,000 in grant funding to support student and alumni social justice projects and businesses. As the Operations Director, she was responsible for overseeing all marketing campaigns, strategic events, and publicity. She also served as a member of the board and participated in project evaluation and selection. Over the course of her tenure, the fund increased their funding pitch count by 45% and began to see an increasingly diverse range of proposals.
Below are the three areas you need to edit in order to place a new staff profile on the homepage, in the staff profile landing page, and the full staff bio page. These instructions are hidden and will not show up on the public profile page. You can, however, delete this box when you no longer need these instructions.
I - Create a new Staff Profile page
1. Go to Posts and click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name and degrees in the “Enter Title Here” field
3. Scroll down to the Muffin Builder section
4. Click on "Templates"
5. Select: "New Staff Profile Template"
6. Select: "REPLACE current builder content"
7. Click: "Use Template"
8. Update content within each Item accordingly. Anything within (parenthesizes) should be updated.
9. Scroll to the LAYOUT section and choose the following options to maintain the appearance of the page and navigation:
a. Switch "Hide The Content" button to ON
b. For Layout, choose "Right Sidebar"
c. For Sidebar, select "Meet Our Translators"
10. Under Categories, choose the appropriate staff role.
11. Click Publish when finished.
II - Add new Offer to appear on "Meet the Team" on homepage
1. Under "Offer", click "Add New"
2. Enter the person’s full name in the “Enter Title Here” field.
3. Copy/paste the content from the Body Copy area of another offer into this offer and update accordingly. This will guarantee you get the same look and feel.
4. Choose the appropriate category based on job title.
5. Add the person’s headshot under “Featured Image” and make sure the background is transparent (.png)
6. Update the Post Attribute Order field to keep with the alphabetical order. You will need to view the list of offers to determine the appropriate Order attribute to assign. You will then need to update all the subsequent offers so they continue with the appropriate order.
7. Hit Publish.
III - Add new profile to Meet the Team landing page
This content will need to be added manually and does not pull from other areas on the site, like the homepage or staff profile pages. You'll need to copy/paste the following code into the appropriate area and update it with the new staff member's information.
Stage location: http://stage.scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/
Production location: http://scivelo.pitt.edu/meet-our-translators/